You can still rent the movies or watch their trailers by clicking the posters below, so really, same thing, just a different format.
There are so many new releases on VOD this week that we had to break them up into two sections, which is a first for us. 17 new movies hit VOD today, and if nothing else, they offer a crazy amount of variety.
It's a toss-up as to which one is the Must See title of the week: The Final Girls or Knock Knock. Either way, you really can't go wrong.
- The Final Girls looks great, has been getting solid-to-rave reviews, and it's probably our Must See VOD movie of the week. This has been a hell of a year for Horror Comedies, and we hope that this one thrills us as much as Deathgasm and What We Do In the Shadows did. Plus, Mini-Farmiga is in this, so, bonus!
- Coming in at a very, very close second, is Eli Roth's Knock Knock, which also looks like it's going to be all kinds of kick-ass. Keanu Reeves facing off against two killer whores sounds like a fun time to us, especially when Eli Roth is at the helm, steering the action. Also, Ana de Armas might be the most gorgeous woman in the world, so, another bonus!
- The excellent Friday the 13th Doc, Crystal Lake Memories, hits VOD outlets today, in 2 parts; mainly because they total 7 hours of material between them. If you haven't yet bought this gem on Blu-ray (shame on you), then you owe it to yourself to rent both parts asap. It's one of the best, most comprehensive Horror Docs that exists. A+ material.
- I Spit On Your Grave: Vengeance is Mine is a decent enough Rape Revenge flick. Our review is coming soon, but for now we can say that there's one scene in this movie that made us recoil in terror. Literally. It's well-worth a rent if this is your kind of thing.
- Gravy looks like a crazy movie, and we're going to check it out, just not too close to dinner time.
- All Hallows' Eve 2 was better than we expected it to be. It's uneven, but we're glad we saw it. Mostly. Check out our review HERE.
- Tremors 5 looks like it could be fun, and we'll most likely check it out soon enough. *It's also streaming on Netflix right now, so you subscribers can save a rental fee and watch it for free.
- Yakuza Apocalypse... Takashi Miike? We're there.
- Deep in the Woods is a French Horror flick from 2001 that we've always wanted to check out, but we just never got ahold of a copy. Now, we can.
- Partisan is basically Vincent Cassel vs. an 11-year-old kid, presumably to the death, and so we're all in. It looks great.
- The Last Shift looks trippy, and kinda creepy.
- Manson Family Vacation looks odd, and somehow endearing. Is it a true Horror flick or a quirky Dramedy? Not sure, but we wanna see it either way.
- Dead Rising: Watchtower, Honeyspider, The Invoking 2, and June are all b-grade flicks that look alright, but we have too much to watch to take any of them in right now.
*Be sure to click the pics to rent or check out the trailers for the movies, and happy streaming!