October 9, 2009

The 31 Days of Horror- #23

"A fun as hell homage to Night of the Creeps, and a gang of male witches from The Gap..."

The Hidden Gem:

The Master says: This one may not be as obscure as most of the other movies on this list, but it's definitely way underrated. As Horror comedies go, this movie is top notch. Slither hearkens back to the time of 50's B-Movies, where cheesy monsters besiege Anytown, USA and wreak havoc, and it does so with respect and a good deal of levity, while not forgetting to deliver the gore and gross stuff at the same time. And how can you not love Elizabeth Banks, she's so sassy and adorable! At any rate, this is a good-time Horror flick to be loved and seen by anyone that loves good times and Horror flicks. I know, I'm profound.


The Train Wreck:

The Master says: The WB man-witch movie, that serves no purpose other than to make Teenage girls scream "OMG they are like so hot and stuff!" If you haven't seen it, I'm not sure than I can properly articulate just how painful this movie was to sit through, but let me use this one piece of dialogue as a near perfect example: "I'm going to make you my Wee-yotch!" I swear to effing God, that line was actually written and spoken in this POS movie. At any moment I was waiting for "I don't want to wait" by Paula Cole to start playing, and for the wee-yotches to start rubbing one out to a cast photo of the Dawson's Creek gang. Especially Pacey.

1 comment :

  1. I love Slither. Never seen The Covenant (and now probably never will).

    ReplyDelete