October 29, 2009

The 31 Days of Horror- #3

"A seriously creepy "haunted House" flick, and a movie that made me want to punch myself in the face..."

The Hidden Gem:
The Master says: Hands down one of the creepiest movies ever made. Many people haven't even heard of this bad ass little movie, and that makes me sad. It's not much for blood or kills, there aren't jump scares or evil creatures running around, but nothing tops it for atmosphere; between the creepy "Session" tapes that we hear playing throughout, to the music and the isolation of the asylum, this movie unsettles the viewer and by the end, you will want to turn all of the lights on in your house. I especially like the ending; was the voice on the tapes just a disturbed patient, or something more... something that drives people to murder? I think it's a little Demonic if you ask me, but then again, I have a vivid imagination. If you haven't seen this movie, do so now... alone, in the dark, and preferably at midnight. It just sounds cool, doesn't it?


The Train Wreck:
The Master says: Wow, I can't believe what an awful, laughable, utter mess this movie is. If you see this, you will be angry for having wasted your time. If for some reason you like this, or think it good, then you're most likely slow in the brain. The acting is atrocious for the most part. Seriously unbelievable. Allison Miller was okay some of the time, but even she was bad. Onegen and the General were amongst the worst performances I've seen all year. Maybe ever. The script is just ridiculous. Whoever wrote the dialogue should be ashamed of themselves, and everything that happened in this movie was just laughable. The schoolgirl sword fight was the low-light for me... and that's saying a lot. The CGI blood and gore is horrible... is Karo syrup and red dye too expensive to use in movies these days? I've never seen a worse blood effect in a movie. Ever. The list could go on and on, exposing the crappity crapness of this lame live-action version of a beloved Anime, but you get the point. Don't ever watch this.

2 comments :

  1. Session 9 - never seen it but I'll check it out. Though the haunted house ghost genre generally doesn't scare me or interest me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely check out Session 9 on the strength of your recommendation. As for Blood the Last Vampire... the trailer looked horrendous, so I'm not really surprised that it did indeed turn out to be utter crap. Such a shame given the promise of the source material.

    ReplyDelete