October 24, 2009

The 31 Days of Horror- #8

"A movie that should never be seen by pregnant women, and a nice try but an awful miss..."

The Hidden Gem:
The Master says:"I'll be damned if this movie took any more than thirty seconds to make me cringe; the opening credits even made my stomach start to churn. From the absolute beginning, this movie had me feeling uneasy, and as it went on, the unease turned to shock and eventually to genuine terror. I don't know if I've ever seen a movie that was this viscerally violent and hauntingly creepy all at the same time. To say that Inside is full of blood and gore is almost funny; It's jam-packed with the stuff, and to the point where I turned from the screen on more than one occasion. The gore, coupled with the terrifying atmosphere and tension of the movie should mess with even the toughest of horror fans. If you're any kind of a self-respecting horror fan, this is a must own. Beautifully shot, directed, acted and drenched in buckets of blood; this is a complete horror film in every way."


The Train Wreck:
The Master says: I get what they were trying to do with this movie, and I honestly do give them credit for going for it, but in the end this movie grated on me like nails on a chalk board. I know many will say that they enjoyed this one, and that's fine, but I will never understand how. Forget that Paris Hilton is in it, she's hardly the worst part... I guess the best way to sum up my feelings about this movie is to say that I can't stand The Rocky Horror Picture Show either, and that is still a mega-massive cult phenomenon. I'll say no more as I'm sure to get flamed more than enough for even including this movie on "The bad list."


2 comments :

  1. No flaming here, Repo was dreadful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would expect a horror master to enjoy flaming, but still, I completely hate The Rocky Picture Horror Show as well. This one I haven't even seen. Nor, for that matter Inside. I am conflicted, though, on whether to see it or not. Maybe in the "bloody babies" night...

    ReplyDelete