October 15, 2009

The 31 Days of Horror- #17

"A surprisingly creepy haunted house movie, and a remake that butchers the original j-horror classic..."

The Hidden Gem:
The Master says: This is a movie that is so small that I still feel like I haven't heard about it, but am glad that I have. In the Found Footage vein of Blair Witch, the SFE was one of those movies that was not really well made, had some bad dialogue and sometimes shoddy acting, and yet managed to creep the hell out of me at the same time. I can see how some people hate this movie (it's actually quite hate-able), but for me it works as a cheap haunted house picture that most people will never even know about.


The Train Wreck:
The Master says: Here's one of my golden rules: If Pacey from Dawson's Creek or Edward Burns are in a movie, it's most likely going to suck. This movie not only sucks as a movie, but as a remake of a good movie, and also as a Horror movie in general. It's also got Ed Burns in it, which makes it suck on a whole different level. The Americanized version of this J-Horror classic is devoid of any scares, tension, or believability that the original possessed, and instead makes me remember just how bad Ed Burns is, and how devoid of originality Hollywood can be at times. Then again, if you like wooden acting and evil ring tones, please feel free to love this one.


No comments :

Post a Comment