A witch and a goat; a nasty bug bite; some hot backwoods mutant action; and a bunch of Indie & B-grade movies that might just be entertaining... there are 11 new movies of note hitting VOD today, so at least we have plenty of streaming options!
*Be sure to click the pics to rent the movies, or watch their trailers. Or both. Or neither. It really depends on your mood, now doesn't it?
"In this exquisitely made and terrifying new horror film, the age-old concepts of witchcraft, black magic and possession are innovatively brought together to tell the intimate and riveting story of one family s frightful unraveling in the New England wilderness circa 1630."
Wait until the sun sets, make some popcorn, turn off the lights, and kick back and watch one of the creepiest, most atmospheric movies of 2016. That's what you should do.
I'm personally waiting until the Blu-ray comes out before watching it again (because it gets no better than Blu-ray), but if you're not into physical media, then this is the way to go.
Rent it, because it's fantastic.
Bite looks like it's going to be disturbing and gross, so we'll make sure that we finish dinner long before we sit down to watch it. Which we're going to.
Rent it, if you have a strong stomach.
Not to be confused with the 2009 French zombie flick of the same name, this "The Horde" stars Bill Moseley and centers around some mongoloidal creatures trying to eat a bunch of campers, or hikers, or something.
The trailer actually made this one look kinda fun, despite its B-movie trappings, so we'll give it a go.
*For some reason, there's no rental link for this one on Amazon yet, so the above picture link goes to iTunes. Hopefully Amazon will get it up quickly.
Rent it, because Bill Moseley rocks.
- The Offering looks solid.
- Zack Ward's Restoration looks pretty good too, although there's no rental link for me to post for you right now. Hopefully that will be rectified soon.
- Submerged is available on Netflix for free now, so if you have the streaming service, no need to spend extra $$$ to rent it.
- Sweet Home was decent enough (read our review HERE.)
- Carrier, Haunting of Alice D, and Sherzo Diabolico might provide some B-grade thrills.
- And we're probably going to assume that Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre is going to suck, so we'll be skipping it.
- Happy streaming!