One of the best movies of 2016; an above-average Horror Anthology; a debilitating disease; some DC cartoons; and a bunch of Retro Exploitation & Action titles... it's a quiet, yet solid, week on the Blu-ray release front.
*Be sure to click the pics below to order yourself some flicks!
The Witch currently sits at 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, and at a healthy 7.1 on IMDB, which is to say that it was a hit with both critic and audiences alike. It certainly is one of our favorite movies of the year so far, and it's one that we can't wait to revisit when it hits Blu-ray today. We need some more Black Phillip in our lives!
This release doesn't look as if it's packed with a ton of Bonus Features, but that commentary and that mini-documentary should be fun. Plus, we're hoping that it comes with subtitles, so that we can finally understand everything that was said in the movie.
So check out our full review below, and get ready for some witchy goodness!
- Audio Commentary with Director Robert Eggers.
- The Witch: A Primal Folklore.
- Salem Panel Q&A.
- Design Gallery.
We don't usually hype DVD releases up too much around here, because Blu-ray is hell and gone better in every way, and so we dont buy DVDs, but seeing as Southbound is ONLY being released on DVD, we have no choice.
This is a cool little Horror Anthology, that while not perfect, gave us enough thrills and chills to make us happy. Definitely worth a look-see.
- Deleted Scenes Reel
- Outtakes Reel
- Photo Gallery
- Dementia is one that we haven't seen yet, but it's got a pretty decent score on Rotten Tomatoes, and we love Gene Jones, so we're curious.
- If you're a DC fan, you get all sorts of Batman and Superman cartoons to dive into this week.
- If you're into retro exploitation flicks, then Candy and For Men Only/School For Sex are worth a look.
- Same thing applies to Hired to Kill and Killer Force, if you dig your action retro style.
- Everything else, as always, is a crap-shoot.