A duel in the Old West; two movie's worth of Home Invasion hi-jinks; a trio of Foreign Thrillers that look promising; some Sci-Fi, a 90's throwback, and even some zombie goodness... there's a baker's dozen worth of movies to choose from this week on the VOD front!
*Be sure to click the pics to rent the movies, or watch their trailers. Or both. Or neither. It really depends on your mood, now doesn't it?
A Dark Western starring Woody Harrelson as a bad guy is just something that we can't pass up. The guy is a brilliant actor, and we're up for seeing anything genre-related with him in it. RENT IT, because Woody Harrelson is well worth your time.
Intruder kinda looks like your typical Home Invasion flick to us, which is not not necessarily a bad thing, as Hush (review HERE), Intruders (review HERE), and The Man in the Orange Jacket (review HERE) all brought their own unique flavor to the sub-genre this year. So really, as long as Intruder doesn't go completely by-the-numbers, it should be good. RENT IT, if you like Home Invasion flicks.
|THE MIDNIGHT AFTER|
The first of three Foreign Thrillers that have us intrigued this week, The Midnight After looks like a crazy Sci-Fi, Infected, and Post Apocalyptic flick all in one. If anyone can pull a movie like this off, it's Hong Kong, so we'll definitely give it a look. RENT IT, if you are down with HK flicks.
The second of three Foreign Thrillers this week comes out of India, and as little as Bollywood movies usually appeal to us, I have to admit that this one looks pretty good. RENT IT, if you're down for some Bollywood justice.
- Dead Rising: Endgame is a sequel to Dead Rising: Watchtower, and it's streaming for free on Crackle.
- You Are Not Alone was a decent enough Home Invasion Thriller. It's streaming exclusively through its self-run sites. Read our review HERE.
- The third of this week's Foreign Thrillers, River is a Canadian-Laotian co-production that looks like it might be exciting.
- The Call Up looks like a fun, low-budget UK Sci-Fi Thriller.
- The Crush is a fun, B-grade 90's throwback.
- Allegiant is the fourth part of The Hunger Games, or something. Your kids will probably dig it.
- And everything else, as always, is a crap-shoot.