A few weeks back we told you about Scream Factory releasing one of the best movies ever on Blu-ray this September, and now we know exactly what's going to be on the 2-Disc Set!
- NEW 2K Scan Of The Interpositive Supervised And Approved By Director Of Photography Dean Cundey.
- NEW 4.1 Audio Mix Created From The Original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo Soundtrack.
- NEW Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Dean Cundey.
- Audio Commentary By Director John Carpenter And Actor Kurt Russell.
- NEW The Men Of Outpost 31 – Interviews With Keith David, Thomas Waites, Peter Maloney And More…
- NEW Assembling And Assimilation – An Interview With Editor Todd Ramsay.
- NEW Behind The Chameleon – Interviews With Visual Effects Artists Peter Kuran And Susan Turner, Special Make-up Effects Artist Rob Burman And Brian Wade And More…
- NEW Sounds From The Cold – Interviews With Supervising Sound Editor David Lewis Yewdall And Special Sound Effects Designer Alan Howarth.
- NEW Between The Lines – An Interview With Novelization Author Alan Dean Foster.
- John Carpenter's The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – A Documentary On The Making Of THE THING Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, Special Effects Make-up Designer Rob Bottin, Matte Artist Albert Whitlock And More! (80 minutes – SD)
- Outtakes (5 minutes – SD)
- Vintage Featurettes From The Electronic Press Kit Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell And Rob Bottin (12 minutes – SD)
- Vintage Featurettes – The Making Of A Chilling Tale And The Making Of THE THING (1982 – 14 minutes – SD)
- Vintage Product Reel – Contains A Promotional Condensed Version Of The Film With Additional Footage Not In The Film (19 minutes – SD)
- Vintage Behind-The-Scenes Footage (2 minutes – SD)
- Annotated Production Archive – Production Art And Storyboards, Location Scouting, Special Make-up Effects, Post Production (48 minutes – SD)
- Network TV Broadcast Version Of THE THING (92 minutes – SD)
- Teaser Trailer.
- Theatrical Trailers (U.S. And German)
- TV Spots.
- Radio Spots.
- Still Gallery (Behind-The-Scenes Photos, Posters And Lobby Cards)
- And Still More To Be Added!
This is about as big of a "Must Own" as there is on Blu-ray, so don't miss out.
The Thing will hit stores on September 20th.