December 27, 2011

Quick Review: Dylan Dog: Dead of Night (2011)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1013860/
This movie made me want to punch somebody in the face.

It could be just a matter of taste or preference, but I'd rather like to think that it's a matter of it sucked, and I don't like sucky movies. Who knows.

First of all, Brandon Routh kinda sucks. He nearly killed the Superman franchise, and often times seems like he's imitating a piece of wood on screen. He's not Channing Tatum bad, but he's close enough. Second, it just didn't work as a Horror Comedy. All of the flair or emotion the story may have had in the Comic Book Series it's based on, was all but absent in the film version. Mainly because Brandon Routh can't emote.

That's pretty much his range right there.
I don't know, maybe I am personally just too cynical for this movie, which is a shame. I like tongue-in-cheek comedy with my Horror from time to time; as an example, i'll go to my grave thinking Black Sheep is one of the best things that I've ever seen.

Too bad this movie doesn't make me feel the same way.

Riiiiight...
If you want to see a great Horror Comedy, and one that this movie should have been far more like, check out Cemetery Man. That's how you do offbeat, sad and humorous inside the confines of the Horror genre. The story, dialogue, acting and action here just don't work as well. I know some of you will like this flick, but that's really your problem, isn't it?

No, Brandon. Just stop.
Loveliness abounds in this movie.

No comments :

Post a Comment