A bachelor's weekend gone wrong; some Supernatural Found Footage hi-jinks; a Chinese Crime Thriller; a different kind of werewolf story; an Aussie romp through the Zombie Apocalypse; and a horrible remake... this week's VOD releases are definitely on the smaller, Indie side of the fence. Except for Cabin Fever; that's on the "What were they thinking" side of the fence.
*Be sure to click the pics to rent the movies, or watch their trailers. Or both. Or neither. It really depends on your mood, now doesn't it?
"When five friends embark on a bachelor weekend in Argentina, everyone expects the usual hedonistic business. They do not expect to find themselves stranded, wounded, and hunted through the Andes."
Bachelor Games looks like it could be a fun Survival Horror flick, although I'm not sure why you'd go to Argentina for a bachelor party to begin with. But hey, what do I know?
|THE LEVENGER TAPES|
"Three college students on a wilderness getaway run into criminals and vanish, leaving behind home videos that the police scrutinize for clues."
This movie has been sitting on the shelf since 2013. Not sure why, but given that it's a smaller Found Footage flick, it's probably not hard to guess why. The trailer looks decent, so maybe it will surprise us and be good?
|SAVING MR. WU|
"Mr. Wu, a Hong Kong movie star, is kidnapped by four unpredictable criminals disguised as police officers. Will he get rescued?"
The one movie that we want to check out this week above all others is Saving Mr. Wu. We're all about Asian Crime Thrillers (in this case, Chinese), so we'll gladly check this one out when our schedule permits.
- Cabin Fever (review HERE) and The Pack (review HERE) are available for rental now, where they were only Digital HD releases when they were released earlier this year.
- Ghosthunters looks really, really low-budget. that's probably not a good thing.
- Friend Request also looks like it's low-budget, but it's got Anthony Michael Hall in it, so it might be decent.
- Me and My Mates vs. The Zombie Apocalypse looks like it could be some good fun.
- And The Sector is a low-budget Post-Apocalyptic that stars Lance Henriksen, Eric Roberts, and Richard Tyson. Might be alright.
- Ghosthunters we'll probably skip.
- Happy streaming!