Given that it’s a Holiday Week, it’s a quiet one on the Blu-ray & DVD front, but there are a few titles worth checking out. Don't worry, there are some REALLY good titles coming later in the month.
So be sure to click the pics to order yourself some flicks!
Imperfect as it may be, we enjoyed The Pack a lot more than many of our fellow Horror fiends did; it was good for a killer dog flick. Read our review below for our full thoughts on the movie.
Holidays was the typical Horror Anthology: It had a great segment, it had a few mediocre segments, and it had a few that just didn't work for us. As with most Anthologies, this one is worth watching just to see the good parts.
It's no Southbound, but if you're craving a new Horror Anthology, it'll do in a pinch.
As Horror Comedies go, this one looks like it's going to be an lower-budget, Aussie version of Shaun of the Dead. Now, it may not end up being as good as that classic Horror Comedy, but hey, movies like this come along and surprise us sometimes.
- Cabin Fever was a tepid, pointless remake. I say rent it before shelling out $17.99 for it on disc. (Review HERE.)
- The Dark Knight Trilogy is a steal at $23. Great movies, great price.
- Term Life looks like an interesting Crime Thriller, although that wig just looks wrong on Vince Vaughn.
- The mega-successful House of Cards is a Must Buy for fans of the show... although if you can stream it for free on Netflix, I'd probably save the $35 and spend it elsewhere.
- And everything else, as always, is a crap-shoot.