33 years after its release, The Exorcist is still the best possession movie ever made. In 1973, there weren't movies that tackled the subject of religion in such a terrifying and vulgar way, and it shook people to the core. Some fainted, some fled from the theater in terror, some protested... but there were lines around the block, and people flocked in droves to see it.
This 40th Anniversary Edition of The Exorcist not only gives us an excellent movie in pristine form, but offers the Extended Director's Cut -which includes the infamous spiderwalk scene- and some pretty cool bonus features.
An excellent movie, and a stunningly crisp and Bonus Feature-packed Blu-ray, The Exorcist 40th Anniversary Edition is a disc that needs to be in the collection of any self-respecting Horror fan.
- Beyond Comprehension: William Peter Blatty's The Exorcist.
- Talk of the Devil.
- Introduction by William Friedkin.
- Two Audio Commentaries with William Friedkin.
- Audio Commentary with William Peter Blatty.
- The Fear of God: 25 Years of the Exorcist (1998 BBC Documentary)
- Raising Hell: Filming The Exorcist.
- The Exorcist Locations: Georgetown Then and Now.
- Faces of Evil: The Different Versions of The Exorcist.
- Interviews: The Original Cut, Stairway to Heaven, The Final Reckoning.
- Sketches & Storyboards.
- Original Ending.
- Radio Spots.
- TV Spots.