Some killer yogurt from the creepy kitchen of Arrow Video; Scream Factory brings us the adventures of Leatherface and Chop-Top; that Leo Dicaprio movie where he fights the bear; the final chapter in the Haven saga; and a bunch of B-Grade DVD titles... this is a smaller week for releases, but at least there are a couple of great titles for us to enjoy.
*Be sure to click the pics to order yourself some flicks!
Young Jason seems to be the only one who doesn’t love The Stuff – in fact he won’t go anywhere near it, after having seen the pudding crawling around the fridge one night. What’s more, everyone who eats The Stuff has started acting really weird… Now, teaming up with wise-cracking industrial saboteur “Mo”, Jason must put a stop to The Stuff and the organization behind it or face a gooey, gloopy demise."
I remember watching this cheesy, silly-ass movie when I was a kid, and I'm pretty sure I watched it over and over again every time it popped up on cable. Now that Arrow is giving it the Blu-ray treatment, it looks like I'll be watching it again, only this time in beautiful 2K.
If you like crazy Horror flicks with a satirical sense of humor about them, then The Stuff will most likely do you right.
- New High Definition restoration of the film from a brand new 2K scan of the original camera negative.
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the film.
- Original 1.0 Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Can’t Get Enough of The Stuff: Making Larry Cohen’s Classic Creature Feature – Documentary featuring Larry Cohen, producer Paul Kurta, actress Andrea Marcovicci, Steve Neill (mechanical makeup effects) and Kim Newman.
- Introduction and trailer commentary by director and The Stuff fan Darren Bousman (Saw II, Saw III)
- Original Trailer.
- Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin.
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Joel Harley, illustrated with original stills and promotional materials.
For a decade, Texas Ranger Lefty Enright (Hopper) has sought to avenge the brutal murder of his kin by the cannibalistic Sawyer family – Leatherface, Chop-Top, The Cook and Grandpa. With the help of a radio DJ (Caroline Williams), who's also bent on putting an end to the terror, Lefty finds his way to the Sawyers' underground slaughter shop, where a battle of epic proportions will soon rage... and the line between good and evil gets chopped to bits!"
TCM 2 was never one of my personal faves (I know I'm in the minority with that opinion), because after the gloriously terrifying 1974 original, it played way too campy for my tastes. Bill Moseley and Dennis Hopper are awesome in this one though, and I'm definitely curious to see what Scream Factory did with this 2-Disc set, so I'll probably ad it to my personal collection for posterity's sake.
Should be a fun trip down memory lane, at least.
- DISC 1:
- NEW 2016 2K HD Scan From The Interpositive Film Element
- NEW Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Richard Kooris, Production Designer Cary White, Script Supervisor Laura Kooris And Property Master Michael Sullivan
- Audio Commentary With Director Tobe Hooper
- Audio Commentary With Actors Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams And Special Effects Makeup Creator Tom Savini
- NEW Extended Outtakes From It Runs In The Family Featuring L.M. Kit Carson And Lou Perryman
- NEW Behind-The-Scenes Footage Compilation From Tom Savini's Archives
- Alternate Opening Credit Sequence
- Deleted Scenes
- Still Galleries – Posters And Lobby Cards, Behind-The-Scenes Photos, Stills And Collector’s Gallery
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- DISC 2:
- MGM's Original HD Master With Color Correction Supervision By Director Of Photography Richard Kooris
- NEW House Of Pain – An Interview With Makeup Effects Artists Bart Mixon, Gabe Bartalos, Gino Crognale And John Vulich
- NEW Yuppie Meat – An Interview With Actors Chris Douridas And Barry Kinyon
- NEW Cutting Moments – An Interview With Editor Alain Jakubowicz
- NEW Behind The Mask – An Interview With Stunt Man And Leatherface Performer Bob Elmore
- NEW Horror's Hallowed Grounds – Revisiting The Locations Of The Film – Hosted By Sean Clark Plus A Special Guest
- It Runs In The Family – A Six Part Feature-Length Documentary Featuring Interviews With Screenwriter L.M. Kit Carson, Actors Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams, Bill Johnson, Lou Perryman, Special Makeup Effects Artist Tom Savini And More...
- German Angst looks like it's going to be all kinds of disturbing, and the fact that it's the only Horror Anthology to come out of Germany (at least as far as we know), means that we're definitely going to have to give this one a look-see.
- The Revenant was a huge hit with both critics and audiences alike, and if you're into frontier dramas that contain a liberal amount of revenge, then you should probably check it out.
- I don't have much to say about the DVD releases down there at the bottom, other to say that they look like the kinds of B-Movies that we'd watch on Netflix. Maybe. So as always, everything else is a crap-shoot.