A girl who can't seem to shake a possession; the babysitter from hell; a hellish trip through rural France; some hot Horror Western action; and a killer wave looking to take out Norway... there's a lot to choose from on VOD this week!
*Be sure to click the pics to rent the movies, or watch their trailers. Or both. Or neither. It really depends on your mood, now doesn't it?
Even though it's not listed as one a Horror Comedy, Ava's Possessions seems like it's going to have a Black Comedy vibe about it. That's not a bad thing, mind you, but if that is the case, then we're hoping that it's at least razor-sharp in the wit department.
It looks interesting, in any case.
We've been fans of Sarah Bolger's since she starred in The Moth Diaries a few years back (read our review HERE), and as sweet and innocent as she looks, we can't wait to see how she pulls off the evil babysitter thing. We love when actors play against type.
The one we're most excited to see this week, is Road Games.
As great as the trailer was, and with a cast that includes great French actor Frederic Pierrot, and the ever-lovely Barbara Crampton, we have extremely high hopes for this one.
- Director Nathan Ambrosioni was 14-years-old when he made Hostile, which is really crazy to think about. It looks good, so we'll give the kid's movie a shot. I'm genuinely curious to see what a 14-year-old kid can do behind the camera.
- Horror Western Kill or Be Killed has been getting some solid reviews so far, and despite it looking more low budget than we usually prefer, we'll probably give it a shot when we get some time.
- IFC Midnight's Narcopolis looks pretty solid, and we're curious to see how they incorporate the whole "legalization of drugs" plot into a compelling Sci-Fi flick.
- Ratter was alright, if you like that sort of thing. Read our review HERE.
- And finally we have The Wave; a Norwegian disaster movie that has been getting some great reviews. We're definitely checking this one out asap.
- Happy streaming!