A deaf gang terrorizes the Ukraine; a different spin on the Frankenstein legend; and a creepy, creepy movie about necrophilia... This is The Digital Dread Report for 3/8!
It's a big week as far as the number of titles being released goes (especially on DVD), but it's a rather small weekas far as quality titles go. There are a few though...
*Be sure to click the pics to order yourself some flicks!
The Tribe is a great Arthouse Film that offers Horror fans plenty of realistic brutality, but not much in the way of story or character development. It's not a particularly enjoyable movie either, but it is one that makes a statement, and does so in a very powerful, bold, and unique way.
It won't be for everybody, and in fact, it may not even be for most people, but if you like experimental Arthouse movies that do something completely different from the norm, then it might just be for you.
Check our review below for the full scoop.
Victor Frankenstein didn't do so well when it was released, but now that it's on home video, we'll probably give it a chance. We really like James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe, so maybe they'll make it watchable.
- Deleted Scenes – Blu-ray Exclusive.
- The Making of Victor Frankenstein.
- Galleries – Production Design, Production Photography and Behind-The-Scenes.
- Theatrical trailer.
Dark, disturbing, uncomfortable, and heinous, The Corpse of Anna Fritz is a short Thriller that packs a lot of punch. It twists and turns, and in the end it became something more than what we thought it would be, and that's a good thing.
Check out our review below for the full scoop.
- Scream Factory's releases of Species 2 & Species 3&4 are worth a look to us, especially because we love cheesy Sci-Fi movies.
- Howard the Duck is what it is, and even though it's not our thing, there are a ton of people out there who have been waiting for it to hit Blu-ray. Have at it, folks.
On the DVD Front this week...
- The I Spit on Your Grave Triple Feature is a solid buy, for three decent movies.
- The Absent and Terminus look interesting.
- And everything else, as always, is a crap-shoot.