Some 90's Teen Terror; a TV series that FOX cancelled WAY too soon; the final adventure of Katniss Everdeen; all kinds of retro 70's goodness; and a Special Edition of Fear the Walking Dead... things are looking up the the Blu-ray front this week.
*Be sure to click the pics to order yourself some flicks!
One of the cooler Teen Terror flicks to come out of the 90's & Early 2000's (thanks, Scream), was Disturbing Behavior. It's just about as generic as the rest of them were back in that time period, but it's got a good cast (including a young Katharine Isabelle), and it's got sentimental value to us.
We're sappy like that.
- Audio Commentary By Director David Nutter
- Deleted Scenes
- Alternate Ending
- Theatrical Trailer
One of the best TV shows that FOX ever aired, Freaks & Geeks was cancelled by the Network after one season due to poor ratings, and never got a chance to find the audience that it deserved.
It's honestly one of the funniest and most earnest Comedy/Dramas that has ever been produced, and is an absolute Must Own for us on Blu-ray. If you've never had the pleasure, give it a watch... just prepare yourself to be pissed off when you fall in love with it, and realize there's no more.
- All 18 episodes in both original aspect ratio (1.33:1) and widescreen (1.78:1)
- Museum of Television & Radio Panel Discussion.
- Complete Script for a Never-Shot Episode.
- Three Full-Episode Table Reads.
- Deleted Scenes.
- Original Cast Audition Footage.
- Raw Footage.
- Mr. Rosso Live in Concert.
- Sober Students Improv Players.
- Tales of the Secret Service.
- NBC Promos and EPK.
- Behind the Scenes.
- Seven Minutes in Heaven.
- Thanks, Goodbye.
- McKinley High lives on.
- New booklet packed with a letter and Q&A from creators Paul Feig and Judd Apatow, essays, and memorabilia.
- And More...
We've said it before, and I will say it one last time: We all enjoyed the first two Hunger Games movies (for what they were), but the third and final one just fell flat.
The main issue with both parts of Mockingjay, is that the genius producers took a small, three hundred page book, and decided that it would be best to stretch it into 2, 2-hour+ movies. Both parts drag, and are mostly emotional drama about romance and Katniss not being sure of herself, which really killed it for us.
Hardcore fans will no doubt be all over this disc though.
- Audio Commentary with Director Francis Lawrence and Producer Nina Jacobson.
- "Pawns No More: Making The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2" 8-Part Documentary.
- The Hunger Games: A Photographic Journey.
- Cinna's Sketchbook: Secrets of the Mockingjay Armor.
- Panem on Display: The Hunger Games: The Exhibition.
- Jet to the Set.
- If we're interested in anything down here, it the Special Edition of Fear the Walking Dead... although I'm not sure why it needs a Special Edition since it was already released on Blu-ray back in December, and there's no way in hell that I 'd pay anywhere near the $59.99 asking price for a 6 episodes of TV. It hits somewhere in the $20 range, and we're all over it though.
- Black Mama, White Mama, The Black Sleep, and Donovan's Brain are all oldies that will no doubt strike a nerve with fans of classics (B-grade or otherwise.)
- Everything else, as always, is a crap-shoot.