July 31, 2009

DVD Review: Hush (2009)

I will not Hush about Hush!...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1093369/
Cast Members of Note- William Ash and Christine Bottomley.

A jerky British wannabe writer and his girlfriend are driving around and fighting (mostly because he's a whiny bitch), when they see a naked girl caged in the back of a passing truck, screaming for help. Naturally, they decide to stick their nose into business where it doesn't belong, and everything goes to hell.

How about next time you stay in your car, dummy.
The jerky boyfriend wants to forget about the odd truck and let the Police handle it, but no, the girlfriend has to bitch and moan about "helping" and "doing the right thing" until he gives in and messes with the truck driver. This of course ends with his own girlfriend being kidnapped. Despite her having just dumped him, he decides to try and rescue her anyways which leaves him framed for murder, hunted by the Cops and the maniac, and best of all? Free of her god-awful bitching.

Hold on loosely, but don't let go... 
Will he find his girlfriend and live unhappily ever after? Will The Tarman kill them both? Will I ever get tired of British Horror flicks? I won't spoil what comes next for you here, but suffice it to say that this movie may have the best ending ever. (I may be overstating it a bit, but I just really loved the shit out of it.)

The end.
This movie is a really clever cat & mouse Thriller that uses some twists and tricks that actually surprised me. Some of the usual Horror annoyances were present, such as slightly annoying characters, but that was a very small thing to put up with and didn't distract too much from the over all enjoyment that the movie gave me. The tension was palpable here too, and William Ash did a great job conveying it through his performance. He started off as a bit of a ponce at the beginning, but by the end he had me rooting him on. We will see him again, and soon I imagine.

On a final note, I have to say that I really liked the ending to this movie. I won't say anything about it because I hate ruining shit for other people, but it was just nice to see something awesome for a change... I hope you get what I mean when you see it for yourself.

NEVER listen to the girl!
Dude... why always the dog!?! What did the cute, sweet little guy do that was so wrong that he deserved to die? How about let's start killing some cats maybe... or gerbils. Who gives a good goddamn about gerbils?

Also, the name of the villain in this movie is The Tarman, which is never really explained, or even mentioned unless I missed it, but that's not my issue here... There can be only one true Tarman, and he's the coolest Zombie of all time, and he yells "Brains!," and he rules... So, nice job stealing his identity, Hush!

There can be only one!
At the point where I look at an incoming text on my girlfriends phone ( just after she's been kidnapped), and it's from a guy who basically says "thanks for letting me finger you last night baby!," my happy ass would have stopped chasing the Serial Killer who had her in his truck, turned the car around, and let her enjoy her rape, death and/or rape & death. Bitch.

Here's an idea hun; maybe see if your secret lover can finger you out of trouble. Good luck.
Eye violence, hand violence, random old people murder, murdered Cops... This one isn't gory by any stretch, but it has the violence it where it counts.

Nope.

What a waste...
"Remember me, you c**t?"

Mind your own business. Also, don't leave chicks alone in public or they'll get themselves kidnapped.

Just pull over and let him pass!
I got more out of this movie than I thought I was going to, and was quite pleased when it was all over. If you like a good cat & mouse type of Thriller, then this movie is for you. It's clever, fresh, and a hell of a thrill ride that you should definitely check out when you get the chance.

B+

Hush is available now on DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y7F1L4/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003Y7F1L4&linkCode=as2&tag=thehorclu0a-20&linkId=GIHW47TYJLFUHCKC

Christine Bottomely is in this.

5 comments :

  1. cool. looks good. damn girlfriends ruin everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Damn women! :)~

    I did like this one, let me know what you think when you see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never listen to women as they get in more trouble . He should have just went home and told girlfriend the police will sort it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can someone tell me the name of the song at the end of the movie and the person singing the song. You can email me at lday2@mcvh-vcu.edu. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was either Live With Me by Massive Attack or Knock Down by Alisha Dixon.

    ReplyDelete