November 29, 2008

Review: Undead (2003)

Sub-Genre- Zombie/Comedy
In Attendance- Me, Machine, Geo and Chris (And a bunch of onlookers who sat in the kitchen and laughed at us...)
Cast Members of Note- A bunch of Aussie blokes I'm not too familiar with, and the hotness of Felicity Mason.

A small Aussie town is besieged by zombie fish, and an odd rain that makes it burn when you pee, turning the simple-minded residents into crazed Outback Hillbilly Zombies. Also, Aliens are behind the whole thing.

"Grrrr.... oy!"
Luckily, there's a creepy redneck guy who know Karate and Gun-kata, who does his best to save the day! He fails of course, as his Kung-Fu is no match for an Alien invasion, but he really gives it a good try. As a reward for his failure, everyone in town pretty much gets lifted into the sky, and held prisoner in mid-air. Yes, this movie is really crazy.

You thought I was being a smart ass didn't you? There are really Aliens in this Zombie movie. Who's the smart ass now, eh?
I don't want to spoil the ending for you here, as it ends up being pretty cool, but suffice it to say that I never knew Aliens and Zombies could be friends.

Craziest Zombie movie ever.
Why do the Brits and Aussies seem able to pull off the Horror Comedy so well, while filmmakers here in the U.S. rarely get it right? (The Slither's of the world are sadly few and far between.) I guess I'm just glad that at least somebody is getting it right.

There are times while watching Undead where we couldn't help but laugh, or say "Oh my God," and if you've already seen it, then you know exactly what parts I mean. This movie is crazy, and despite the heavily cheese-laden plot that runs alongside of the blood, gore, and Zombie goodness, I can't help but love the little flick.

Undead fits pretty well on the shelf with Shaun of the Dead, Severance, Slither and the like... all of which remind us that were allowed to have fun with Horror flicks now and then, and not feel guilty about it.

I dare you to tell me you don't want this gun.
What is this, The Matrix?

Or maybe it's Fire in the Sky?
Zombie fish... I'm half rolling my eyes, half vowing never to venture onto a lake again!

Unless I had these guns. Then, Zombie fish wouldn't scare me at all.
There are plenty of severed limbs, random acts of violence, and other messy undead shenanigans to keep the Gorehounds amongst us satisfied.

Zombies, Zombies, Zombies, oi, oi, oi!
Nope, and what a fantastic waste of potential boobage.

So much potential...
"I'll fuckin' finish you off faster than a fuckin' birthday cake at a fat chick's fuckin' birthday party!"

Rain is evil. Also, Australian people can do crazy Matrix-esque moves when surrounded by Zombies.

Just another day in OZ.
Undead is definitely over the top in some aspects, and tongue-in-cheek for most of it's duration, but it's a really, really fun movie that should delight most Horror fans. I urge everyone to give this one a spin in the DVD player, and enjoy.

B

Undead is available now on DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ARFPPI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000ARFPPI&linkCode=as2&tag=thehorclu0a-20&linkId=I72HS26YFXKYHQNO

Felicity Mason is really hot. I hope we see more of her soon. Naked.

1 comment :

  1. This movie was fun to watch. the little twist ending was good for me. It just seemed like it was made by some guy that was like..."i wanna make a zombie movie, wait...but i like aliens too!"

    ReplyDelete