Angry dogs; a missing daughter with a secret life; some creepy Trick r' Treaters; a home invasion; some possession; some creatures; Japanese zombies; and some good old fashioned Rape Revenge... there are plenty of titles in this week's VOD releases to fit any taste.
The World of Kanako and The Pack are your safest bets though.
*Be sure to click the pics to rent the movies, or watch their trailers. Or both. Or neither. It really depends on your mood, now doesn't it?
If you can put aside its more asinine plot elements & devices, then you might just find The Pack to be an intense Thriller that plays like Cujo; only with more dogs, more people, and more Australian accents. But it's not quite as good. This is a straight-up survival movie, with plenty of stalk-and-slash elements thrown in for good measure, and the parts of this movie that did work, worked really well.
|THE WORLD OF KANAKO|
We're suckers for Asian Crime or Revenge flicks, and this Japanese story about a father desperately searching for his missing daughter looks right up our alley.
There will be subtitles though, so beware.
- Forsaken looks like a cheap movie, but that poster is awesome, and the chick crawling upside down in the trailer looks creepy as hell, so we may have to break down and watch it anyhow.
- Hellions wasn't one of our favorite movies of 2015, but a lot of other people seemed to like it. Now, you can rent it and make up your own minds. (Read our review HERE.)
- Home Invasion looks like a typical Direct-To-DVD Thriller, so we're not expecting much. Jason Patric and Scott Adkins are pretty cool though, so maybe it will end up being good?
- We watched Julia a while back, and while we didn't like it enough to want to review it, it had a lot of good things going for it. Fans of Rape Revenge flicks where men get what's coming to them should be pleased with this one.
- Uncaged looks decent enough for a cheap creature feature.
- If you like exploitational Taiwanese flicks about a Post-Apocalyptic world in which zombies rule, then Zombie Fight Club may just be for you. It's sleazy fun.