Scream Factory strikes again! (And our wallets weep.)
One of the best Horror movies ever made, and perhaps the best work John Carpenter ever did, The Thing is hitting Blu-ray on October 11th in a 2-Disc Collector's Edition that not only boasts a new 2k transfer supervised by the legendary Dean Cundey himself, but is jam-packed with an exhaustive amount of extra material.
- NEW 2K Scan Of The Interpositive Supervised And Approved By Director Of Photography Dean Cundey.
- NEW 4.1 Audio Mix Created From The Original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo Soundtrack (5.1 Audio Mix Also Included.)
- NEW Audio Commentary With Director of Photography Dean Cundey.
- NEW Audio Commentary With Co-producer Stuart Cohen.
- Audio Commentary By Director John Carpenter And Actor Kurt Russell.
- Teaser Trailer.
- Theatrical Trailers (U.S. And German.)
- TV Spots.
- Radio Spots.
- Still Gallery (Behind-The-Scenes Photos, Posters And Lobby Cards.)
- NEW Requiem For A Shape Shifter – An Interview With Director John Carpenter In Conversation With Filmmaker Mick Garris.
- NEW The Men Of Outpost 31 – Interviews With Keith David, Wilford Brimley, David Clennon, Thomas Waites, Peter Maloney, Richard Masur And Joel Polis.
- NEW Assembling And Assimilation – An Interview With Editor Todd Ramsay.
- NEW Behind The Chameleon: The Visual Effects Of THE THING – Interviews With Visual Effects Artists Peter Kuran And Susan Turner, Special Make-up Effects Artist Rob Burman, Brian Wade And Stop Motion Animators Randall William Cook And Jim Aupperle.
- NEW Sounds From The Cold – Interviews With Supervising Sound Editor David Lewis Yewdall And Special Sound Effects Designer Alan Howarth.
- NEW Between The Lines – An Interview With Novelization Author Alan Dean Foster.
- NEW Back Into The Cold: A Return To The Shooting Locations Of THE THING – An Animated Photo Gallery Narrated By Todd Cameron Of Outpost31.com.
- NEW The Art Of Mike Ploog Gallery.
- John Carpenter's The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – A Documentary On The Making Of THE THING Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, Special Effects Make-up Designer Rob Bottin, Legendary Matte Artist Albert Whitlock Plus Members Of The Cast And Crew (80 minutes – SD.)
- Network TV Broadcast Version Of THE THING (92 minutes – SD.)
- Outtakes (5 minutes – SD.)
- Vintage Featurettes From The Electronic Press Kit Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell And Rob Bottin.
- Vintage Featurettes – The Making Of A Chilling Tale And The Making Of THE THING.
- Vintage Product Reel – Contains A Condensed Version Of The Film With Additional Footage Not In The Film (19 minutes – SD.)
- Vintage Behind-The-Scenes Footage (2 minutes – SD.)
- Annotated Production Archive – Production Art And Storyboards, Location Scouting, Special Make-up Effects, Post Production (54 minutes – SD.)
This is about as big of a "Must Own" as there is on Blu-ray, so pre-order a copy now so that you have it in-hand before Halloween. Don't miss out on this one.
The Thing will be available from October 11th.