Honestly, this is a hell of a week for VOD releases. Peep them below, and get your popcorn ready.
*Be sure to click the pics to rent the movies, or watch their trailers. Or both. Or neither. It really depends on your mood, now doesn't it?
*If you aren't already a member, you should really give Amazon Prime a shot, especially if you order movies on the regular like we do, because the free two-day shipping pays for itself after around 10 orders. Check it out for free HERE.
- The Devil's Candy is finally here! We've been waiting on this one for a very long time (it began it's festival run back in the fall of 2015), and now that it's here, there's no other movie that we need to see more. *This is the sophomore film by Sean Byrne, the guy who gave us The Loved Ones (review HERE) way back in 2009.
- We loved the hell out of Patriot's Day, which was way better than we thought it would be. A great movie that deserves a rental if you're looking for a good emotional drama.
- Mean Dreams may be the last movie that Bill Paxton starred in before his untimely death, and it looks like one hell of a thriller. Paxton plays the bad guy in this one, and he looks downright scary. Definitely giving this one a watch.
- French Thrillers tend to be a special blend of dark and twisted sexuality and violence, and human drama, and we can't wait to experience every bit of it that Elle has to offer.
- Evolution looks haunting and disturbing, an it too is on our Must See list this week. When we're in the mood for something different, we'll give this one a go.
- Johnny Frank Garrett's Last Word is actually based on the true story of a guy who was executed, and supposedly came back from the grave to exact revenge on those who wronged him. Believe that shit or not, it does look like a cool movie.
- And finally we have Night Cries, the most obscure of this weeks releases, and even it looks pretty damned good.
- Happy streaming!