The first one-off movie in the Star Wars Universe was a wild success (and a kick ass movie), and now that it's hitting Blu-ray, we have no choice but to own it, and watch it again in glorious 1080p.
This movie is worth owning just for the Darth Vader scene at the end alone; it was quick, but it was awesome, and it plucked our geeky heartstrings like nothing has in quite some time. It might be the coolest scene to be in any of the Star Wars movies, and it barely made the final cut (it was conceived only four months before release, which is cutting it crazy close.)
There absolutely needs to be a Darth Vader solo movie. PLEASE!!!
Everything else about the movie was spot on as well, including Felicity Jones' badass heroine; the humor of K-2SO; Baze and Chirrut; Mads Mikkelsen and Ben Mendelsohn; Tarkin and Leia showing up via CGI...
This is a great flick, and the Blu-ray is bound to be flawless.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story hits Blu-ray & DVD on April 4th.
"StarWars.com is excited to deliver some special rebel intel: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the thrilling tale of how the Rebellion stole the Death Star plans, is officially coming home. (Just don’t tell Director Krennic.)
The film will arrive in a variety formats, including Digital HD on March 24, and Blu-ray, DVD, and On-Demand on April 4. Take a first look at the box art below.
A wide array of bonus features, ranging from never-before-seen cast and creator interviews to a look at hidden Easter eggs, will take fans deeper into Rogue One than ever before."
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of Star Wars: A New Hope – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect Rogue One to the Star Wars universe.