Be sure to click the pics below to buy the movies, or even rent them. Or both. Or neither. It really depends on your mood, now doesn't it?
- Overall, I have to say that Mel Gibson's Hacksaw Ridge is probably the "Biggest" release of the week in general. Critics love it, and it's one that we need to see, because Mel Gibson behind the camera is gold. Yes, we love Mel. We're also suckers for War pics with an emotional bent, so we're all in on this one.
- Nocturnal Animals (read our review HERE) is a great movie, even if we didn't exactly love the twist that drove the whole thing forward. It may not end up being what you expect by the end, but it's a journey that's well-worth taking anyhow. The more I think about it, the more it haunts me... and I know that sounds like hyperbole, but it's the truth. The Blu-ray should look fantastic too.
- In his first real role, Jean Claude Van Damme played a bad guy, and if No Retreat, No Surrender is anything, it's a cheesy 80's karate movie that will entertain the shit out of you, especially watching JCVD mean mug the camera. It's mad cool that this movie has finally hit Blu-ray, and it's going to be in our collections soon enough.
- Black Widows looks like it might be a fun, low-budget Indie flick, if you're in the mood for a black comedy that treads into the waters of rape revenge. That just sounds wrong, but hey, maybe it's a laugh riot!
- Everything else, as always, is a crap-shoot.