To say that this week is a huge one for VOD is an understatement, as 15 new movies hit streaming platforms this week. That's so much variety, that we may not be able to keep up!
- As of right now, The Remains and Let's Be Evil are available on iTunes only. We'll update our VOD Release Dates Page when they hit Amazon.
- ABCs of Death 2.5 is streaming exclusively on Vimeo.
*Be sure to click the pics to rent the movies, or watch their trailers. Or both. Or neither. It really depends on your mood, now doesn't it?
Friday the 13th meets [REC]? Kinda looks like it to us, and we mean that in a good way. Summer Camp looks like one hell of a fun time, and although there never seems to be a shortage of "Infected" movies these days, we love that the virus eventually wears off in this one, so killing your friends to survive isn't such a cut and dry solution.
Rent it, because it looks like crazy fun.
The trailer for Sun Choke looks all kinds of intense and trippy, and the fact that Barbara Crampton is playing the (potential) bad guy in this one only makes us want to see it more. Also, Sara Malakul Lane is crazy hot (check out her Horror Hottie post HERE), so, bonus.
Rent it, because it has potential to be great.
This HK action flick looks like it might be right up our alley. Sammo Hung has made a long career out of bringing kick-ass martial arts action to the screen, and The Bodyguard looks like it will be a positive addition to his legacy.
Rent it, because you love Kung Fu flicks. Or Samo Hung.
- ABC's of Death 2.5 is a collection of leftover entries from ABCs 2, so it's more of a "let's release this for now, until we get the third movie ready" type of thing than it is a sequel. Might be interesting. We'll probably wait to catch it on Netflix.
- The Amityville Terror is a movie that is probably going to be very bad. Is that even the Amityville House on the poster? We'll watch it, because one of us has a serious addiction for all things Amityville, good or bad, but we're not expecting much. You may want to skip it though.
- Edge of Winter looks like a really solid Thriller, and we'll be checking it out as soon as time permits. Rent it.
- Embers looks like an interesting Sci-Fi flick that gave off a heavy Ex-Machina vibe to us when we watched the trailer. We're definitely curious to check it out.
- Let's Be Evil looks interesting, even if the whole "Google Glass" POV part of it sounds a bit like a gimmick. We're definitely renting this one.
- Mind's Eye, The Remains, and The Suffering all look like they may be on the good end of the low budget, Indie quality scale.
- And everything else, as always, is a crap shoot.
- Happy streaming!