*Be sure to click the pics below to buy the movies, or even rent them. Or both. Or neither. It really depends on your mood, now doesn't it?
Invasion of the Body Snatchers is not only a solid remake, but it's also a 70's classic. We're curious to see what the new 2K scan looks like, but really, we're buying this movie because of Donald Sutherland; you know the scene we're talking about.
This should be a good one.
- NEW 2K scan of the interpositive.
- NEW Star-Crossed in The Invasion - an interview with actress Brooke Adams.
- NEW Leading the Invasion - an interview with actor Art Hindle.
- NEW Re-Creating The Invasion - an interview with writer W.D. Richter.
- NEW Scoring the Invasion an interview with composer Denny Zeitlin.
- NEW Audio Commentary with author/film historian Steve Haberman.
- Audio Commentary by director Philip Kaufman.
- Re-Visitors From Outer Space, or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Pod - including interviews with director Philip Kaufman, screenwriter W.D. Richter, director of photography Michael Chapman and actors Donald Sutherland and Veronica Cartwright.
- Practical Magic: The Special Effects Pod.
- The Man Behind The Scream: The Sound Effects Pod – an interview with Ben Burtt and sound editor Bonnie Koehler.
- The Invasion Will Be Televised: The Cinematography Pod.
- Theatrical Trailer.
- TV & Radio Spots.
- Photo Gallery.
- An episode of SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE, Time is Just A Place, based on Jack Finney's short story. Directed by Jack Arnold..
We've been waiting to see Summer Camp for months now, and we'll be checking it out (and reviewing it) forthwith, now that it's been released.
It looks good, and it earned some positive reviews when it made the Festival Rounds, so we're excited.
- Bite lacked bite, pun intended (Read our review HERE.)
- High Rise was an... odd film. It did not resonate with us the way that it did some critics (we're not sure what that "A Masterpiece" blurb on the cover is all about), but for fans of weird Arthouse flicks, this should be a pleasing experience.
- Red Sonja is an Animated sequel (?) to the 80's B-movie that we loved as kids. We may check it out when it hits Netflix.
- We're all about Asian Crime Thrillers (in this case, Chinese), so we'll gladly check Saving Mr. Wu out when our schedule permits. We've heard good things.
- Most Likely To Die was a half-baked slasher flick that we probably don't ever need to see again (Read our review HERE)
- And everything else, as always, is a crap-shoot.