February 17, 2010

Review: Pearblossom (2010)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1043673/
There's no way for me to sit here and try to say that Pearblossom is a good movie. It's got some clever moments, some effective moments, and it's laced with all sorts of eye candy, but for the most part it's a bit... haphazard?

It's hard for me to put my finger on why, but I know that this is a movie that I should absolutely dislike. So then why did I find myself enjoying it? I'll tell you why: Sophie Monk is one reason. She's hotter than rocks in the desert, and for some reason I really think she carries herself well on screen. She can also act. Plus, she's really, really hot. The lips, the boobs, her "I would make you cry in bed" attitude... I am just all about her.

Bad girl!
Another reason? Lesbianism. Sophie Monk and her visually-pleasing female costars make out and grope each other all over the place in Pearblossom, and what's not to love about that?

The plot is interesting but sloppy, some of the acting is cringe-worthy, and I don't know what the point of the whole thing was, but I'll be damned if I didn't have a smile on my face when the credits started rolling. 

I'm going to let pictures say the rest for me, as they will get my point across fear better than words will, so here are 10 reasons why this movie made me smile:

Scout Taylor-Compton playing a whore. Again.
Hot chicks killing people.
God is a hot lesbian?
Girls kissing girls. Tons of it.
The fat kid from Son in Law!
Sophie Monk's face.
Sophie Monk's attitude.
Sophie Monk's boobs.
Sophie Monk's refusal to wear a bra when she's cold.
Did I mention girls kissing girls?
If you like Grindhouse-ish, sleazy flicks with little to offer other than hot chicks and a small bit of blood and gore, check this one out. I say you should see it just to support Sophie Monk. She deserves the love.

Sophie, Scouty, and Anya; the girls of Pearblossom (Life Blood.)

4 comments :

  1. Okay, you got me with the review. Now I'm definitely seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at Sophie Monk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleasure is pleasure. Sign me up for this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the honest and boob filled review that totally appealed the film to me. It's on the wishlist.

    ReplyDelete