October 23, 2012

The 31 Days of Horror, Day Twenty-Three- AHS re-watch

 
Tonight (and most likely part of tomorrow) we're re-watching Season 1 of American Horror Story from the start.

When it premiered last year, we didn't really care for it so much at first; it was a well made and interesting show, it just didn't really pack much of a punch for us. Scares were what we were after, and it seemed light on those.

As the season wore on however, it got better and better, and by the time it ended, we were in love. Or at least we were in severe like.

In anticipation for Season 2, we need to get back in the AHS mood; Season 2 looks to be a drastically different story and quite a departure from season 1, but it's still all tied together, and so we need a refresher.

Kinky.

3 comments :

  1. I just found your site a few weeks ago and I have to say it's awesome. I am a horror fanatic and it's nice to see someone show some true appreciation for the genre. I have even found some movies on your site that I've never heard of so my collection is growing thanks to you. As for American Horror Story - because of your honest comments on it - I believe I will watch it. I had reservations about it but I will take a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great suggestion about reviewing AHS again! i did the same -watched it last october (halloween spirit and all) and by november i was done? so i never saw the rest of the episodes.

    also , not sure where to request movies to review? but one of the best non horror , but blatant gore flicks i have seen -with great cast : "headhunters" even roger ebert loved it (lol) it was amazing swedish flick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lee. We are all about people's movie collections growing!

    And hope you like AHS, but if not, don't send us hate mail! :)

    Howard, are you talking about Headhunters with Nikolai Coster Waldau (Jamie Lannister from Game of Thrones) in it? If so, that was a good flick.

    I try not to review many non-horror flicks here, but maybe I should do small, non-genre reviews of the really good action thrillers...

    ReplyDelete