October 11, 2011

R.I.P. David Hess

“It is with great sadness that we have said our last goodbyes to our beloved dad and friend to all. David passed away peacefully last night. The Mad Hessian lives on in his family, friends, and all of his devoted fans. Sing a song in celebration of his life. . . .” Talk about genre icons, I don't know if there's an actor's face in horror that is more Iconic. His Krug was a truly terrifying character, and made Last House on the Left a true horror classic. He played menacing well in plenty of other movies and TV shows too, always giving we horror fans what we desperately needed; to be terrified. Hell, the name Krug (and I have to believe a lot of Krug's character as well) was the basis for Wes Craven's Freddy Kruger. And isn't it odd that anyone who knew him, even for the briefest of moments, thought him to be one of the nicest, sweetest people they had ever met. Everyone has to die, and the older we get the more realistic that fact becomes, but that doesn't ever make it any less sorrowful. I just hope that wherever he is now he's scaring the shit out of everyone around him, and after he's done he wraps an arm around them and tells them "It's alright my friend, I just like to pretend." R.I.P. David Hess

No comments :

Post a Comment