January 27, 2010

We've been snubbed!

So we just found out that Bloody Disgusting is holding a "Best Horror Blog" award thingy over on their site, trying to spread the horror love throughout our little community, and recognize the quality blogs of our corner of the blogosphere for their hard work and genre support. Naturally, we head over to see what the dealio is, and lo and behold out of the 50 or so blogs nominated... We weren't one of them! Oh, the humanity! One of the nominated blogs on the list doesn't even exist when you click it, and we aren't even as good as them? That my friends, is the story of my life. Up hill both ways, on rubber crutches, on a road made of broken glass. I have no idea what I'm even saying :) At least some of our friends got nominated. Tower Farm and The Jaded Viewer, most notably. And some other great horror blogs that we love got the nod too, like Kindertrauma, I like Horror Movies, Heart in a Jar, The Lightning Bug's Lair, to name a few more. Click below, and head on over to vote one of them up, because they deserve the love.
P.S. Next time, we will vote for ourselves! We appreciate our own sassy brilliance and reverent horror knowledge, even if no one else does! We also like our ass a lot. It's like a firm muffin. A buttery, firm muffin.

11 comments :

  1. Ah, there there, don't be upset. There's always next year.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, there will be next year! :)~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, don't worry we'll win next year. The post was hilarious though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just recently started following you. Great stuff. I give you kudos! Keep up the good work.

    I do think its weird that they had no nomination criteria whatsoever. Some blogs only started recently and have hardly any followers. Thats not to say they aren't quality blogs. But I do think there should have been some criteria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gotta agree with you - you wuz robbed. And I also gotta agree with PoT. Searching through the links, some of those blogs look a little, uh, iffy. It's their loss, however, and here's to them getting it right next year. And I have to say that your recommendation in this post is a greater reward to me than their nomination. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm divided here... first I wanted to be steamed because this is the most well-written, conscious window into horror cinema on the internet, hands down. but then I realized bloodydisgusting is one of the worst fucking websites in any genre, which being a part of anything they do is almost shameful. I can just see the cocksuckers who write for that site explaining to fat chicks in slipknot shirts at a bar how "yeah we totally picked the two-bit actors who are going to act in this complete shit remake of Friday the 13th part five." more like bloodyfrombeinganallyfisted.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm divided here... first I wanted to be steamed because this is the most well-written, conscious window into horror cinema on the internet, hands down. but then I realized bloodydisgusting is one of the worst fucking websites in any genre, which being a part of anything they do is almost shameful. I can just see the cocksuckers who write for that site explaining to fat chicks in slipknot shirts at a bar how "yeah we totally picked the two-bit actors who are going to act in this complete shit remake of Friday the 13th part five." more like bloodyfrombeinganallyfisted.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah that totally blows. You get my mon next time. Don't think twice though as I nominated myself and BD probably never even heard of any of us before we caused an uproar over the Total Film fiasco.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, The Horror Club > Bloody Disgusting...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I love this post. I was snubbed too dammit!!!! Let's take 'em on next year!!! RAR!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's right Becky, and everyone else, next year we will show them by all winning! That's right, we will all tie for the best horror blog, and rule the creepy sections of th internet!

    ReplyDelete