November 20, 2009

I'm debating about New Moon...

.. and the debate is whether I go harass people who are going to see it or not. Not the kids of course, but the creepy older chicks who think Twilight is so romantic and beautiful, and can't get a man of their own because they look like the wreck of the Hesperus. You know the ones... they look like they'd have a knife fight over a ham any day of the week. The jelly sweat chicks. Maybe I'm rambling... The point is that I really don't get why anyone over the age of, Let's say 16, would mentally identify with Twilight and really want to watch anything Twilight related... I don't know why I even bother ranting. You can't cure stupid.

5 comments :

  1. LOL! Please do....being an older female, I would, I mean I do make fun of all my friends...actually it is only a friend (the rest are smarter than that) that loves the movies, every chance I get :D

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jason, its cindy from myyearbook:) i love your blog.. horror movies rock:)

    oh and about new moon.. i think people are making such a big deal of it, including people my age lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock Frog Queen, you too Cindy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What baffles me is how many girls and women seem to be completely oblivious to the nasty and omnipresent misogyny in this film/book series. Meyer's message is that a woman is completely useless without a man (this is essentially the premise of New Moon), should be subservient to men in general, and that female-directed aggression is, if not a turn on, then at least an 'acceptable' price to pay for being with the leader of the pack who can protect you from the other ravening wolves.

    Regarding the movie itself though, I doubt anyone but the most dyed-in-the-wool zealots of this series could endure the wretched acting, lamebrain dialogue, and smarmy abercrombie cast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Purgatori, it blows my mind that more women aren't offended by their portrayal as hapless idiots in these books/movies, but then again teenagers don't know any better.

    The adult fans should though.

    ReplyDelete