October 26, 2009

The 31 Days of Horror- #6

"Some creepy-assed British kids, and a movie that gives John Carpenter a legal right to commit murder..."

The Hidden Gem:
The Master says: Dread and unease permeate this movie and never really seem to let up, and are eventually joined by some vicious violence and gore; when mixed together, they basically have a square dance on your nuts until you end up hiding in your closet and crying like a small child. Ok, I may be exaggerating just a bit, but this is one taxing movie, and that's no joke . This movie is profoundly disturbing, and left me feeling a bit numb at the end. Only bits and pieces of the reasons for the children turning on their parents are given to us, and maybe that's the worst part. Actually, the worst part is probably the fact that 6 and 7 year old kids are hell-bent on killing their parents. The ending was one of the best I've seen in quite a while too. It came out of nowhere, and chilled me to the bone. It also left me with questions which I wish I had definitive answers too, but hey, at least it made me think.


The Train Wreck:
The Master says: Can someone explain why The Fog was remade? As a Horror flick, the 1980 version is a near-perfect creep-fest, which delivers in just about every way. The 2005 version is as bad as seeing your grandmother naked, and less scary. I mean, who the hell told Tom Welling he could leave Smallville? I guess random flashbacks and psychic visions of the past are useful... The 1980 version was about a fog bank that rolls into a sleepy seaside town, and the ghosts that come with it unleashing some bloody retribution; the 2005 version is about a girl looking to unravel a romantic mystery without anyone even caring to know the answers. No tension, no mood, plot holes galore, and can someone please tell me what in the fuck was up with the dance scene in the graveyard at the end? Happily ever after?!? The Fog isn't A GOD DAMNED ROMANCE!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment