October 2, 2009

The 31 Days of Horror- #30

"Some scary dogs, and a shaky zombie mess..."

The Hidden Gem:
The Master says: "Laugh if you will, but this "trapped by killer dogs" movie was pretty damned fun. It looks like something that should be a Syfy movie of the week, but it definitely rose above its trappings and worked well as a horror flick. Good acting, hot chicks, scary dogs, moments of palpable tension... this is definitely one to see, if only for Boomcat and the chick from LOST running around in bikini's. And the dogs. They acted their furry little asses off!"


The Train Wreck:
The Master says: "Enough with the hand held crap already. Do you really expect anyone to accept that people who are besieged by hordes of the undead are going to take the time to film it all? Really? I'm not sure what happened with this one, but this is nowhere near George Romero's finest hour. The hand held camera craze was used to poor effect here, and coupled with lame characters and poor acting, the end result was an annoying zombie mess from the master of the undead. I love you George, but you're better than this."

3 comments :

  1. "I love you George, but you're better than this" pretty much sums it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with horror club reviews...but I've only read bad things about 'The Breed' (very bad) lol so I guess I have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's totally possible that you may not like The Breed, I just found it to be far better than I was expecting, and actually solid.

    Ir's all subjective :)~

    ReplyDelete