October 8, 2009

The 31 Days of Horror- #24

"A really fun/funny teen slasher, and a sequel that comes from a series that has never been good..."

The Hidden Gem:
The Master says: I was absolutely expecting to hate this movie, and instead found it to be one of my favorites of the year. It is what it is of course; half tween comedy, half tween slasher flick, but I'll be damned if it was fun as hell to watch. This movie looks good enough to be a theatrical release too, it delivered on the the kills and gore front, made me laugh, made me cry, made me question my very existence... okay, maybe not so much on the last two, but I dare you to watch this barely known slasher and not smile the whole way through. Also, Kaley Cuoco is hot as hell. That just needed to be said.


The Train Wreck:
The Master says: Whether back in the 80's or here in the 2000's, Horror movies with the word Boogeyman in the title pretty much sucked. What really frustrates me about this kind of movie, is that while having some pretty decent production value (thanks to Sam Raimi's Ghost House Pictures), it just falls flat in most areas. It looks pretty, but where is the tension, dread, and terror that should accompany a good Horror movie? Technically, there is no ideal scarier than the Boogeyman; he waits under our beds and in our closets, and he's always there when the lights go off, ready to "get" us... it's just sad that Hollywood can't figure out how to make a movie involving said Boogeyman that is even remotely scary.

No comments :

Post a Comment