October 14, 2009

The 31 Days of Horror- #18

"A hand-held viral zombie creepfest, and a movie in which nothing really happens..."

The Hidden Gem:
The Master says: This is a really creepy movie, and aside from the lame trappings of the new "hand-held horror" craze, is extremely effective. The last 10 minutes absolutely changed the movie for me, and took it to a much creepier place than just your standard "Infected people turning into killer zombie" fare. I loved the twist, and would have like to have seen that premise explored more. I'm hoping [REC] 2 will give me what I want!


The Train Wreck:
The Master says: Really, what was the purpose of this movie? Nothing happened in it. I don't know if I've ever seen a non-creepier movie than this. Why Wes Craven would attach his name to such a mess is beyond me, though I guess it's good that he only produced and didn't direct. It blows my mind that a little movie like Paranormal Activity can leave audiences terrified on a $15,000 budget, while this turd cost millions and delivers nothing more than a movie good for inducing nap time.

No comments :

Post a Comment