October 31, 2008

The 31 Days of Horror is over... and I'm kinda sad...



 
The creepiest day of the year is finally here! I hope everyone gets plenty of tricks and treats, and gets the hell scared out of them at least once :) October absolutely flew by, and I'm torn about how I feel...

On one hand, I'm glad; doing the 31 Days of Horror was a blast, but it took a ton of time gathering, formatting and creating every post. It also gave me less time to do our normal reviews and posts... On the other hand, I'm sad, because this was a hell of a lot of fun. Compiling the lists gave me a chance to revisit a ton of old favorites, and posting them gave me the chance to make some new friends, and introduce them to some movies they haven't seen or even heard of in some cases.

This blog went public in July, and was set up for my friends and I to have some fun with Horror; since then, we've had thousands of visitors with some pretty nice things to say, and it's awesome that our little HORROR CLUB has grown. It's awesome how tight the Horror community is, and in the month's ahead, I'm definitely going to be adding some other sites to our link lists so that we can all become tighter.

Our top 31 list wasn't perfect, not at all, but I think the picks were pretty good for the most part. I think we gave some props to a bunch of excellent flicks, an I hope you had fun with them like we did... and I hope you check out every last one of those movies, whether you end up loving or hating them.

That's really what it's all about, isn't it? We will be back to normal after this weekend; reviews, rants, Horror Hotties, remakes, "coming soon's"... so strap yourselves in and hang on! Oh, and don't forget that in December we will have our Best/Worst of 2008.... woo! I'm going to creep myself out now. -The M

1 comment :

  1. Thanks so much, I enjoyed every bit of it! Awesome birthday gifts as well, I know my bf would love the Phantasm set! I was the Wickedt Witch of the (Mid)West for Halloween...she is by far the scariest..Witchie Poo was a pretty cool witch as well.

    ReplyDelete