September 9, 2008

Early Review- Dexter Season 3, Ep. 1

Dexter is the man. If you haven't seen the first two seasons, what exactly is your problem? This show alone is worth ordering Showtime for, and I love me some Californication, Brotherhood, and Penn & Teller. I like The L Word too, but that's mainly because of my penis. For those that don't know, Dexter is the story of a police blood spatter expert, who is also a serial killer whom kills bad guys that really deserve it. It's bloody, dark, sweet and funny all in one. Michael C. Hall is fantastic in the lead role, and the whole cast is pretty likable. I've seen the first episode of Season 3 (Which doesn't premiere on Showtime until Sept. 28th), and it rocked. I didn't know that Jimmy Smits had joined the show this season, and I was thrilled to see him walk on screen. Smits is the man, and I'm still pissed that they canceled Cane. I'm not going to say why it looks like he will be Dexter's nemesis this season, because that would spoil the first episode, but I'm curious to see how it will play out.
Yummy.
Things I liked in this episode (Spoiler free, but I will tease): -Dexter slips up pretty bad. -Someone gets promoted at work. -Jimmy Smits makes me want to be Latino. -Debra is still hot, although she's trying to behave. -Angel Batista is still a really cool supporting character. -Rita is very horny. (I'm glad the other whore isn't coming back.) -I still hate LaGuerta. -I'm curious to see what Prado (Smits) is all about. I can't say too much without spoiling, but he looks half cool/half suspicious of Dex. -I miss Doakes. Episode 1 set up the new season nicely, and I cant wait to see what happens. The new season premieres September 28th on Showtime.
Holy Hotness.

1 comment :

  1. Yeah, I think I might have to order Showtime within the next few days . . . the wife and I just finished watching the Season 2 set, and I don't think I can wait a year or more for the next Season to be released on DVD.

    I've never been so addicted to anything on TV (um, except for THE OFFICE, and -- going back a few years -- SIX FEET UNDER . . . which, coincidentally, also starred Michael C. Hall).


    Keep up the great work, guys! New reader here, already a big fan.


    J.N.
    http://www.james-newman.com

    ReplyDelete